Revision 5k Run
As last year, we'll hold a special SPORT(ish) event at Revision: The Exhausting 5k Run!
And you can be part of it! All you need to do is to bring your running gear and show up at the infodesk on April 4th 2015 (Saturday morning) at around 11:00.
Even if you're out of shape or very shapely - just do it. Even D.Fox did it at TRSAC and came in superlast! But he prevailed to live another day.
And don't worry about getting lost - we'll take good care of you during the run! We even hired professional Norwegian and Danish runners to help make this work! Guaranteed!
And afterwards, you will feel good and fuzzy and warm inside. You will be on top of the world. And you should have plenty of time to take a shower, grab a beer and be ready for the first compo of the day.
Did we mention that we stole this idea from the TRSAC organizers? Now you know - all credits go to them!
Shader Showdown - Live Coding Competition
They did it at WeCan 2013 - and lived.
They did it at Revision 2014 - and prevailed.
Now it's 2015 and they hunger for more.
On Friday night and Saturday afternoon - the ultimate fight of knowledge, persistence and crowd-pleasing skills will again take place: The Shader Showdown Live Coding Competition.
8 Coders in total, competing one-on-one in a live-shader-coding frenzy over two days.
Friday - The Elimination Round: Four battles where the respective winners move to the Saturday Finals
Saturday - The Finals: Two battles in the Semi-Finals and one breathtaking last round to determine the ultimate live-coder!
Interested in participating? Apply at email@example.com
We'll announce the eight contestants roughly one week before Revision!
What does it all mean?
- 8 contestant knockout tournament on the main stage
- The crowd can watch both coders in split-screen mode
- An audio feed will be provided by a DJ - who will play to the visuals you produce on the screen
- All battles will be moderated live by a host who can't code and a coder who can't host
- Winners will be determined by crowd voting
The Rules at a glance
- Every battle lasts 25 minutes and you have to write everything from scratch
- All code has to be written in (and only in) BONZOMATIC (discuss here)
- A set of textures will be provided for each round
- You can pick your weapon of choice: GLSL or HLSL (DX9 or DX11)
- The computers will default to EN-US keymap - if you need something specific, let us know beforehand
- No additional tools allowed (no paper, no memory sticks, no radio, no mobiles, tablets etc.), just you and the computer
- April 3rd 2015 (Friday) from 22:00
- First round. 4 battles of 25 minutes each. Winners move on to the finals on saturday
- April 4th 2015 (Saturday) from 14:00
- Semi finals
We are very proud to host the prizegiving ceremony of The Meteoriks - a new demoscene award.
The winners of 9 base and up to five special categories as well as a public choice award will be presented to the public on April 3rd 2015 (Friday evening).
A screening of all winner entries will take place on April 4th (Saturday) in the seminar area.
For those staying at home, both the ceremony and the screening will be streamed live and made available on YouTube afterwards.